Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Unsolicited comment

"onto your poetry i LOVE it fixing the roof, hierarchy of the seagulls, tell the wife, the old guys hated me - i could really go on and on anthony. you captured a moment, a feeling and i have not read such raw and real poetry in some time. I know we separated by a few generations (I am 31) but you really capture what is missing from the alleged poets and those who are suspected of being poets that I have any contact with say they are all about. CANNED is a wonderful book that is relevant today tomorrow yesterday, yesteryear - as for me, i will be keeping the copy of CANNED ... in my bag (which I take everywhere with me) so I can re-read it and share with others. I don't usually praise many writers - in fact I think most are self indulgent sots who care nothing about the medium - but this is great work."

And another:

"Your poetry is the best journalism I’ve read in quite some time. I am about halfway through the book (I was reading it over breakfast on my screened porch this morning) and my favorite so far is “Forced Out,” with that spinning wheel – my situation almost exactly."

**********************************
Blog copyright © 2010 by Anthony Buccino, all rights reserved. Photos and content may not be used for commercial purposes without written permission.
Support this web site, shop at Amazon through this link, thanks
**********************************
Check out Anthony Buccino's latest poetry and essay collections as ebooks and on Kindle.
**********************************

**********************************